[Histonet] Sample questions for HT and QIHC

lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net lpwenk <@t> sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 5 02:35:04 CST 2005

NSH has Self-Assessment booklets, 14 different topics, each with about 100
multiple choice questions divided into basic, intermediate and advanced
levels of questions. The complete fourteen (14) book series is now available
on CD-Rom. The cost is $100 for NSH members and $175 for non members.

Individual booklets are still available (until supply lasts) at $15 each for
NSH members, $35 each for non-members.

If you are going for your HT exam, I would suggest the CD-ROM, as it is
cheaper to get the CD-ROM, rather than each of the booklets.

The 14 topics include:
- Fixation
- Processing
- Embedding/Sectioning
- Routine Staining (theory of staining, H&E, Giemsa, MGP, Feulgen)
- IHC, ISH, EM
- Microorganism staining
- Connective tissue staining
- Pigment, Mineral and Artifact staining
- Nerve and Special Cells staining
- Carbohydrate staining
- Laboratory Operations (lab math, management, education methodology,
equipment, regulations, etc.)
- Gross Dissection and Description
- Cytopreparation
- Laboratory Safety

For information about the booklets/CD-ROM:

http://www.nsh.org/education/materials.html

For information on how to join NSH (you do NOT have to be certified to
join)($20 for half-year dues January - May, with renewal in June at $40 for
a full year)

http://www.nsh.org/membership/application.html

(Shameless plug for NSH, I admit it. No profit gained on my part.)

Peggy A. Wenk, HTL(ASCP)SLS
William Beaumont Hospital
Royal Oak, MI 48073