[Histonet] IHC on sections from beta-gal stained tissues

Amanda MacFarlane am458 <@t> cornell.edu
Fri Feb 18 11:17:30 CST 2005

I currently am characterizing some transgenic mice by performing beta-gal
staining on whole tissues. The procedure includes a step for
gluteraldehyde fixation before staining. I freeze the tissues on
isopentane and cryosection to determine the localization of the beta-gal
stain. I was wondering if it's also possible to perform IHC on these
sections and if so are there (general) protocols out there. Will antigen
retrievel be necessary, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Amanda

Amanda MacFarlane
Division of Nutritional Sciences
Cornell University