[Histonet] RE: Frozen storage of tissue and sections, what is the correct temperature?

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Fri Feb 18 03:35:24 CST 2005

   Dear Kelly,

   We always store our (unfixed) cryosections at -80C. IHC staining is
   successful up to years of storage in this way. In the past we used to
   store at -20C and this resulted into a loss of specific epitopes like
   CD25, CD4, CD3 in just a matter of weeks. Don't do this!

   If you have dried your specimens completely (as you did for a
   few hours at room temperature) there is no chance that ice-crystals
   influence the tissue morphology, simply because there is no water
   left!