[Histonet] Looking for neurohisto job in San Francisco

Maria Mejia maria <@t> ski.org
Tue Feb 15 17:44:34 CST 2005

Greetings to everyone,

For the past 15 years, I've been involved in the basic science of
neurohistology
at a small institute here in San Francisco. Over the years, I've enjoyed
working on
quite a number of very interesting PI projects of varying scale &
priority. I have
knowledge of CALOSHA regulations because I also happen to also be the safety
person.

However, due to financial changes the institute has been downsizing
personnel in
various Core departments including histology. So, I'm searching for
employment. I
would prefer to stay in San Francisco area because it's my home.

I have a total of 26 years in histology. I'm proficient in a variety of
routine & specialized
neurohistologic techniques using various tissue processing and
sectioning, e.g., paraffin
& frozen sections, thick whole mounts, small & large tissue gelatin
embedding for thick
free floating sections using rotary, cryostat & slide microtomes.

I've worked on various neural tissue from different species, e.g.,
cortical & retinal tissue
from cat, mouse, turtle, monkey, rat, rabbit extra-ocular muscles and
whole butterfly heads.

I've performed a variety of IHC techniques, e.g., dopamine beta
hydroxylase (DBH),
tyrosine hydroxylase, anti-humanBNDF, c-FOS, ZIF-189, GABA, anti-Cam Kinase
type II, ChAT, 3CB2 and protein kinase C, anti-recoverin & etc.

If you need someone with my skills, please contact me. I just want to
say, I consider
being a member of the Histonet part of my histology continuing education.

regards

Maria Bartola Mejia
neurohistology
Smith-Kettlewell Eye Research Institute