[Histonet] Re: LAB solution

Barbara Osborn bosborn <@t> hsc.usf.edu
Tue Feb 15 09:36:56 CST 2005

I have tried LAB with multiple antibodies and have had pretty good success.  It has worked with various cytokeratins, vimentin, aSMA, and several other "easy to retreive" antigens by incubating for 20 min at RT.  However, I had no success with Ki-67, not even by heating to 60 deg.  The problem I had, however, is that the solution started to form a precipitate after a short time, and then failed to work.  This was just after a couple of months.  I called Polysciences and they were happy to replace the bottle.  So far the new bottle has also formed the precipitate, but appears to still be working.  They claimed the shelf life should be atleast a year.  There are no special storage requirements, RT and keep out of direct sunlight.  I store it in a closed cabinet to keep any light away because it comes in a clear plastic bottle.  Hope this helps.