[Histonet] Water bath temperature[Scanned]

Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist Terry.Marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk
Tue Feb 15 07:14:33 CST 2005

Follow your own link.
Dot *is* a noun.

Dr Terry L Marshall, B.A.(Law), M.B.,Ch.B.,F.R.C.Path
 Consultant Pathologist
 Rotherham General Hospital
 South Yorkshire
 England
        terry.marshall <@t> rothgen.nhs.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: Kemlo Rogerson [mailto:Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> elht.nhs.uk]
Sent: 15 February 2005 08:28
To: Marshall Terry Dr, Consultant Histopathologist;
histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Water bath temperature[Scanned]

Doesn't the adjective affect the noun? So 'polka dot bikini' being the noun
it implies that the 'polka dot bikini' was 'itsy bitsy'.

You would have to say 'itsy bitsy bikini with teeny weeny polka dots' to
mean what you have suggested.

In order for this not to be frivolous please follow the link for an English
lesson http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/cyc/a/adj.htm.