[Histonet] Elastin Stain for GMA/MMA (fwd)

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Sun Feb 13 12:09:17 CST 2005

I have done Pentachrome stain for elastic fibers on rat pulmonary arteries
with good results, I use the Pentachrome staining kit from Polyscientific.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Y. Wang
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 2:16 PM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Elastin Stain for GMA/MMA (fwd)

Hello Catherine,

When we did our elastin staining of rat and tissue enineered arteries we
used
Hart's mofified method counterstained with tartrazine, as recommended by
Barry
Starcher (we tried an elasting staining kit which didn't work veyr well for
us). We only stained arteries alone (no stents) and we are not experts in
histology. I'm sure someone else on the histonet would be a better source
for a
protocol. However, we do have the protocol we used if you would like it.

Best regards
Yak-Nam Wang

> Hello Everyone,
>

> I have been trying to find an elastin stain for GMA and MMA stented
arteries.
> Does anyone know of a procedure or publication that may help?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Cathy
>

> Catherine L. Scott, B.A., HT (ASCP), ALAT
>
> Associate Director, Pathology Services
>
> 54943 North Main Street
>
> Mattawan, Michigan 49071-9366 USA
>
> Telephone: 269.668.3336 ext. 1218
>
> Fax: 269.668.4151
>
> email: catherine.scott <@t> mpiresearch.com

**
> Visit the MPI Website at http://www.mpiresearch.com
>
> Confidentiality Notice:
> "By accessing this e-mail communication, the intended recipient hereby
> consents
> to the transmittal and receipt of confidential information via
> electronicmedium.
> This e-mail is strictly confidential and intended solely for the
addressee.

> If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, or copy
> this
> transmission.  If you have received this message in error, please contact
the
> sender and delete the material from any computer, disc drive, diskette, or

> other
> storage device or media.
>
> This e-mail is not intended to impose, nor shall it be construed as
imposing,
> any legally binding obligation upon MPI Research, Inc., or any of its
> subsidiaries
> or affiliated companies.
>
> Neither MPI Research, Inc. nor any of its subsidiaries or affiliated
> companies
> gives any representation or warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of

> the
> contents of this e-mail.
>
> MPI Research, Inc. shall not be held liable to any person resulting from
the
> use
> of any information contained in this e-mail, and shall not be liable to
any
> person who acts or omits to do anything in reliance upon receipt of this
> e-mail.
> MPI Research, Inc. hereby expressly disclaims any and all liability for
any
> viruses or data corrupting contents which may result from recipient's
access
> or
> use of this e-mail or its contents."

***