[Histonet] Raynaud's Syndrome

Ross, Virginia Virginia.Ross <@t> nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 10 12:48:53 CST 2005

I have developed Raynaud's and I am awaiting diagnosis for suspected
autoimmune diseases and I have a collegue who worked with the some of the
same chemicals who is disabled with mixed connective tissue disease.
Raynaud's has been linked to vinyl chloride, cryostats and vibrating
machines (vibrotomes) but I have not worked with any of these.  I have
worked with the traditional histology chemicals, solvents, and
methymethacrylate.  I am interested in seeing if there is a link between
histologists and autoimmune diseases, and which chemicals may be implicated.
I would greatly appreciate any information anyone has on any of these
topics.

Thank you,
Virginia