[Histonet] RE: Formaldehyde vs Formalin (Is it formol, not formal?)

Bryan Hewlett bhewlett <@t> cogeco.ca
Sun Feb 6 17:57:32 CST 2005

Dear John,

Thanks for the confirmation.

In spite of J.R.Baker's advocacy , perhaps a better name for 'formal-saline'
would be '4% formaldehyde in saline'?

As to the small amount of methylal present in commercial formaldehyde
solutions, I thought that mentioning that fact might only further add to the
confusion!

The same inconsistency in the "Formaldehyde" entry you mention is present in
my earlier edition of the Merck Index.

I am on the lookout for JF Walker's book, I hope to have the same luck as
you.

Best regards,

Bryan

P.S. Great short article in 'The Cutting Edge', I look forward to part two.