[Histonet] Same Host Ab(fluorescence IHC) HELP...!!!

Sharon Cooperman scoop <@t> mail.nih.gov
Thu Feb 3 13:21:01 CST 2005

Hi,

I have had the same problem in the past with blocking with Fab
fragment.  My solution to the problem was to label the primary
antibody and use a secondary antibody directed against that label.
Suggestions for labels for the primary antibody are biotin (kit from
Vector or Molecular Probes - you could use a fluor conjugated
Streptavidin as your secondary) or digoxigenin (kit from Roche).  You
could also just try to label the primary with a fluor.  I did this
once with a kit from molecular probes that worked well.

Another possibility suggested to me by someone was to incubate the
primary and secondary antibodies together in a tube and then put that
complex on the tissue.  You would need to work out the concentration
of each.  I never tried this because it was quicker for me to label
the primary Abs.

Sharon