[Histonet] Dissolving fat around lymphnodes of breast tissue[ Scanned]

Kemlo Rogerson Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> elht.nhs.uk
Thu Feb 3 09:40:59 CST 2005

Um.... xylene?

Kemlo Rogerson
Cellular Pathology Manager
East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
DD. 01254-294162
Mobile 0774-9754194

-----Original Message-----
From: Davala, Pam [mailto:PDavala <@t> sjh-nh.org]
Sent: 03 February 2005 15:26
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Dissolving fat around lymphnodes of breast
tissue[Scanned]

Does some one out there have a specialize solution for dissolving fat from
around the lymphnodes of breast or bowel tissue..... Our pathologists seem
to have a hard time taking the fat off of the nodes and it makes it harder
for the tech to cut due to unfixed fat... anyone's expertise would be
appreciate... Is there a fixative out there from a company or is there one
that we can make.... thank you   Pam Davala HT(ASCP) Supervisor of Histology