[Histonet] RE: storage of frozen cryosections (again)

C.M. van der Loos c.m.vanderloos <@t> amc.uva.nl
Thu Feb 3 02:01:24 CST 2005

   Hi Anna,

   I fully agree with John's opinion with respect to drying of
   cyrosections. I would like to add that we found out that storage at
   -20C leads to a loss of specific antigens like CD4, CD3, CD25. Storage
   of the cryosections at -80C gives a much better preservation. Even
   after many years, those "vulnerable" antigens can be detected without
   any problem.

   Chris van der Loos, PhD
   Dept. of Pathology
   Academical Medical Center M2-230