[Histonet] Wrinkling causes in the staining process?

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Wed Dec 28 08:30:54 CST 2005

Hi Lawrence:

    I agree with John Kiernan's comments and I have several points to
add. If you are cutting with a glass knife you may have small cracks (as
John mentioned) because your knife is not as sharp as necessary for
optimum sections. A second possibility is that the xylene-based mounting
medium is reacting with the epoxy section and causing wrinkling. Many
people use a drop of the same epoxy resin the sections are embedded in
as a mounting medium.

Geoff

--
--