[Histonet] Happy or Merry Christmas.

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Sat Dec 24 00:35:27 CST 2005

Why holiday cheer rather than Christmas cheer?

Christmas is one of many holy days. Back in the
1950s a holiday in the northern hemisphere was a
week or two by the sea in the summer. The word
holiday had already changed its meaning long ago.

Vile people are trying to impose "holidays"
(always plural, but why?) as a replacement for
"Christmas." Is this an attempt to remove the
original reason for having a few days off work at
the end of December? We don't have to use the vile
terminology. We get our few days off because of
the Christian Christmas. If the vile ones have
their way, 25th December will become just another
working day for everyone.

A happy Christmas to all (and a merry one, within
reason for all non-drivers).

John Kiernan
Anatomy, UWO
London, Canada