[Histonet] anti-mouse PR primary Ab

Vernon Dailey vd38 <@t> georgetown.edu
Tue Dec 13 09:42:46 CST 2005

Hi Histonet,

I need to stain FFPE mouse tissue for Progesterone Receptor. I have
tried Santa Cruz rabbit polyclonal but it is not showing the type of
staining that I would expect. The luminal epithelial cells of normal
mouse uterus are negative while the lamina propria stains positive. My
understanding is they should both be positive in normal uterus. Also, I
can only get the lamina propria staining at 1:50 in the uterus but when
I stain tumor tissue at 1:50 I get tremendous amounts of background
(tissue not necrotic and I see very nice, clean staining when using
Santa Cruz ER Ab at 1:1500) Can anyone recommend another product that
has been successful. Many thanks,

-Vernon Dailey