[Histonet] Pig's eyeballs

Anne Van Binsbergen vanann702 <@t> skmc.gov.ae
Mon Dec 12 00:02:07 CST 2005

Yes indeed - my protocol was posted on this site a few years ago - you
will find it in the archives.
I did most of my 'trial runs' on pig eyes before getting it right.
Feel free to contact me once you have tried it - if you hit any snags
Good luck and have patience.
Annieinarabia

-----Original Message-----
From: Phua Shirley [mailto:moolovescow <@t> yahoo.com.sg]
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 9:39 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Pig's eyeballs

Hi All

  My lab will be working with pig's eyeballs soon and I would like to
find out from anyone out there who have had experiences on it.

  Are there any special treatments dealing with the eyeballs, in terms
of fixation, processing, sectioning and stainings?

  Your reply will be truely helpful/needful.

  Thanks,
  Shirley Phua
  Histopathology Laboratory
  Centre for Forensic Medicine