[Histonet] microwave processing tips?

Bruce Gapinski BGapinski <@t> pathgroup.com
Fri Dec 9 13:59:36 CST 2005

Hey-now Histonians!
	We are going to start microwave tissue processing next year. (The Milestone manual processor RH-1 or 2 I guess)  I'd sure like to hear about any experiences you may have had, and any tips you'd care to share. I am an old dog and this sure is a new trick for me (no xylene!?!). I confess this was NOT my idea, and I worry that I'm going to end up with lots of tissues that didn't process well because the pathologist cut specimens too thick. I (mis)understand that there is no way to reprocess after microwave processing. Is that true? If so why?
Respectfully,
Bruce (I am not a rep) Gapinski HT (ASCP)

Important Notice: This e-mail is intended for the use of the person
to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of
this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please destroy this message and contact the
Security Officer at PathGroup, Inc. immediately at 615-221-4431.