[Histonet] FISH for HER2 testing

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Wed Dec 7 11:42:53 CST 2005

I used PhenoPath (Seattle, WA) before we set-up the test in our Department.  They were excellent.  We received a faxed copy of the report in one week or less.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Immunopathology & Histology
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> "Dawson, Glen" <GDawson <@t> dynacaremilwaukee.com> 12/06/05 12:03PM >>>
All,

I have a pathologist who is looking for good turn around time on FISH HER2
testing.  Their current turn around time is 3 weeks and the clinicians are
clamoring for something better.  If anyone knows of a reference lab that can
do good FISH HER2 testing in a timely fashion, please let me know.

On a side note, has anyone experienced any problems with the Dako FDA
approved HercepTest kit when using it on breast core bx's?  My Docs are not
confident using this kit (especially on our breast cores).  Has anyone run
side by side comparisons between this kit and FISH HER2 testing?

If someone can suggest a good FISH HER2 reference lab, the second set of
questions are moot.

Thank-you In Advance,

Glen Dawson  BS, HT & QIHC (ASCP)
IHC Manager