[Histonet] Goat polymer

pruegg <@t> ihctech.net pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Dec 2 14:39:43 CST 2005

Becky,
Invitrogen is the company who makes the goat labeled polymer.  As for
blocking, I use serum free protein block before the primary and then before
the rab. Anti-goat secondary and then again before the rabbit labeled
polymer.  If I still encounter non-specific staining I put some serum (from
the host of the secondary, about 10%) in with the protein block.  This
method is very sensitive and you can bring up lots of non-specific BG so be
careful to optimize your dilutions and times for the antibody and for the
detection reagents.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Orr, Rebecca
Sent: Friday, December 02, 2005 6:35 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Goat polymer

Hello everyone,

Just recently there was a posting on how to run a rabbit polymer with
goat antibodies...or something to that nature, using an anti rabbit
secondary and then the Dako polymer...could that person send me an email
please?  I had a quick question about blocking...

Also, does anyone have the name of the company that makes a goat
polymer?  I know there's a company out there...I've seen the ads but
can't locate it...

Many thanks and have a great weekend!

Becky

 Becky Orr CLA,HT(ASCP)