[Histonet] deparaffinized sections to air dry or not to air dry?

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Fri Dec 2 11:12:46 CST 2005

I use the dry after deparaffinization routinely for IHC so that I can pap
pen the slides while they are dry and also I have found that hard to adhere
sections like brain stay on better if you airdry after 95% alcohol.  True
you must carefully rehydrate before staining and never let the sections dry
during IHC except after chromogen/substrate it doesn't seem to hurt
anything.
Patsy

Patsy Ruegg, HT(ASCP)QIHC
IHCtech, LLC
Fitzsimmons BioScience Park
12635 Montview Blvd. Suite 216
Aurora, CO 80010
P-720-859-4060
F-720-859-4110
wk email pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
web site www.ihctech.net

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the Person(s)
('the intended recipient') to whom it was addressed. Any views or opinions
presented are solely those of the author. It may contain information that is
privileged & confidential within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message, or
any of its contents, by any person other than the intended recipient may
constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is strictly prohibited. If
you are NOT the intended recipient please contact the sender and dispose of
this e-mail as soon as possible.