[Histonet] Microtomy

Gagnon, Eric gagnone <@t> KGH.KARI.NET
Thu Dec 1 12:11:46 CST 2005

Having used 2030's and 2035's, I find that not taking the knife holder apart very often works for me.  If a minimal amount of wax gets into the knife holder, it seems to me that it won't have to be cleaned/removed later.  I find that a "dust gun" (canned air) works well to remove bits of wax around the hard-to-reach areas where the blade is placed in or removed from the knife holder.

Maybe receiving responses like this will add weight to your argument, and show that the microtome can indeed work well with minimal knife holder cleaning.

Hope this helps,
Eric Gagnon MLT
Kingston General Hospital
Kingston, Ontario