[Histonet] Microwave Tissue Processors

Willis, Donna DonnaWillis <@t> texashealth.org
Thu Aug 25 12:05:03 CDT 2005

Joyce,
The Pathos will allow you to do all that your are interested in doing on
biopsy samples and on tissue cut up to 5mm thick.  I have one in my lab.
You can batch up to 210 cassettes. I have not worked with the Sakura
unit but I know that the thickness of the samples on the unit are
limited and batch volumes are smaller.

Donna Willis
Histology Lab Manager
Harris Methodist Fort Worth, Tx

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Joyce
Friedland
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 11:50 AM
To: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Microwave Tissue Processors

Hi All,
My lab director is interested in purchasing a processor which will
allow us to process batches of cases throughout the day, and serve as a
backup to our two VIPs.
I would greatly appreciate knowing what experiences you all have had
with the various microwave processors available. I have particular
interest in the Pathos from Milestone since it is automated, but I am
open to all possibilities.

Thanks,
Joyce Friedland