Clarification...wage survey source...[Histonet] RE: Salary Su rvey

Koelling, Ray koellinr <@t> amgen.com
Mon Aug 22 15:28:16 CDT 2005

In my opinion, all the responses have been valid and rational.  I've been in
ASCP actively and yes it is anecdotal but I've never received a survey as an
individual or a manager.  Outliers in this survey must surely be more than a
few.  That database of salaries simply does not fully reflect reality and
the real world....in my opinion.  And by way, way more than statistical
error from what I've seen and experienced and know.  Perhaps it is time for
a different database to be generated and in a completely different way by
different people since the data, while it might be statistically and
technically correct, is prejudicial and logically incorrect.  That's not a
solution-just an observation.

Ray

Raymond Koelling
Research Scientist, Pathology