[Histonet] aldehyde fuchsin

Geoff McAuliffe mcauliff <@t> umdnj.edu
Thu Aug 18 09:27:13 CDT 2005

  "Staining properties of aldehyde fuchsin analogues" by T.S. Buehner,
G.S. Nettleton and J.B. Longley. 1979. J. Histochem. Cytochem.
27(3):782-787. This paper discusses their results with paraldehyde,
acetaldehyde, etc. Also, it is important that you prepare the aldehyde
fuchsin from pararosanalin not just any old basic fuchsine (see Mowry et
al., Stain Technology 55(2):91-103, 1980. And, the shelf life is short
    One can also make aldehyde thionin .........

Geoff

--
--
Geoff McAuliffe, Ph.D.