[Histonet] You crazy histotechs

Madary, Joseph MadaryJ <@t> MedImmune.com
Thu Aug 11 15:34:15 CDT 2005

Pam and Tim among others are officially my newest heroes.  I guess I can agree with most, but will say that I am not the histotech today that I was over a quarter of a century ago which is why I have to overlook some of the stuff I see going away that should stay regarding training.  I also can say that the alphabet soup after our names(at least for me) was only to get or maintain a job, I never felt like I had the time to do them, and it has always been this ego thing attached to it. I certainly wasn;t any better after I did it since it was stuff I did already. I mean we all know of techs out there that are not certified that rock, and vice versa.  I just feel bad that there is such a disparity in pay all of the country, I have been under and overpaid over the years quite honestly.

Approaching Retirement Again in Maryland,

Joseph "Nick" Madary HT, HTL(ASCP)QIHC
Lab Mgr, Medimmune Inc
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
301.398.4745