[Histonet] processing with glycol ether

Walters, Katherine S katherine-walters <@t> uiowa.edu
Thu Aug 11 12:27:43 CDT 2005

Hi All,

A few years back I attended a workshop at NSH by Richard Dapson and Ada
Feldman of Anatech.  They used a glycol ether in place of ETOH for
dehydrating tissue, as it is not supposed to harden tissue.
I wonder if anyone out there in histo-land uses this routinely?  Is it
really more costly in the long run?  I would also like to hear from
Richard or Ada on this subject, as I attended this workshop in 1998 in
Salt Lake City.  They may have changed their opinion as well.

Thanks for any input,
Kathy Walters