[Histonet] Cryostat sectioning of mammary gland

Stephen Peters M.D. petepath <@t> yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 18:10:52 CDT 2005

Hi Tessa,
I have a comprehensive tutorial on frozen section technique on my web site which I
 think you will find useful as a starting point.
http://pathologyinnovations.com/frozen_section_technique.htm
I address cutting fatty tissues from the standpoint of a surgical pathologist which with
good technique will get you very acceptable sections. If you need absolute perfection with
very fatty tissues I think your best bet is Instrumedics tape sytem. I have no experience with
it but I believe it is suppossed to work with fatty tissue.
Stephen

Stephen Peters M.D.
Vice Chairman of Pathology
Hackensack University Medical Center