[Histonet] Reagent labels

Robyn Vazquez vazquezr <@t> ohsu.edu
Tue Aug 9 14:15:34 CDT 2005

Amy,
Why on the stain line itself?  An expiration date and date made on the bottle should be sufficient.  Or take 2 strips of tape and place on lid/down the side, then write the dates on each one. That's what I do when I use a solution continuously.

Robyn
OHSU

>>> "Amy Johnson" <ajohnson <@t> aipathology.com> 8/9/2005 10:11 AM >>>
We are busy updating things around the lab according to the new CAP
checklist.  One of the things our supervisor wants us to do now is to label
our frozen section line with date made, and date of expiration.  The techs
feel that this is too much information to put on a lid and were wondering if
a log book could be used instead.  If an expiration date is used is it
necessary for a preparation date as well.
Thanks
Amy Johnson