[Histonet] Methacrylate cuttting

abee <@t> pml.ac.uk abee <@t> pml.ac.uk
Tue Aug 9 09:30:10 CDT 2005

Dear all,

HELP!! To all of you this will probably be such an easy solution. My boss is
on annual leave for 3 weeks and has left me the task of practising cutting
methacrylate sections at 3microns.

There probably wouldn't have been a problem but I have never cut them
before. I have been able to cut the glass knives, the microtome is set up,
but every time I go to cut, the section just ruffles up. I have immersed the
slides in water so that the sections are being placed onto a wet surface.

I have looked up on the web for protocols, but they are all for the process
of blocking up or staining.

Please can someone help!!!

Regards,

Amanda