[Histonet] Tween on Ventana Fish

Orr, Rebecca ROrr <@t> enh.org
Mon Aug 8 08:06:31 CDT 2005

Hi Gudrun,
We are  currently running Her2 Fish on our Ventana with 100% correlation
with other  vendor's chemistries.
This is what works very well in my lab:
1)Under subdued lighting, I remove the slides and place them in 2
changes Reaction buffer.
2)Soak in the second change of reaction buffer for 5 minutes. I believe
there is some kind of surfactant in the Reaction buffer that does the
trick.
3)Rinse for a few minutes in running DI water if you have it...I would
only use tap water if you "trust" it!
4)Soak slides in the 2Xssc for 5 minutes and coverslip out of the SSC
with the Propidium Iodine.
As our control sections are on the same slide as the patient, I use 10
microliters for the control area and 10 microliters on the patient area
and coverslip with 25x50 coverslip. The slides are usually read the same
day and are stored in the freezer until the Docs come to read them. We
also cut an Extra H/E for them to read along with the FISH.
Are you set up with filters for your microscope?  I can help with that,
too, if needed.
Good luck
Becky

Becky Orr, CLA HT (ASCP)