[Histonet] "Brit" Hitotech/Firestorm?

Adesupod <@t> aol.com Adesupod <@t> aol.com
Sat Aug 6 10:30:23 CDT 2005

  Hi Everyone,
              I think the issue of allowing people with G.E.D to do on-the
job training in Histotechnology is demeaning and really suppressing the status
of Histotechnologists in the United States.  More-over I did not blame the
Pathologist Assistants, Cytotechnologists and Med. Techs that feels that they are
more superior and more educated in comparison to the Histotechs.
   In United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, New Zealand  and Nigeria, the
trainig is the same for all the Medical Lab.Scientists/ Clinical Lab.Scientists. The
Histology Technologists in all those countries are college graduates( 4 to 5
years degree program), and they are registered as Medical
Technologists/Clinical Lab.Scientists.
    I think the issue of low pay for the Histotechs in the United States,
will continue for a very long time, until when the minimum entry into the
profession is being raised to BS degree.
     Actually, I am thinking of sitting for my MT(ASCP) certification test,
and change from Histotech to Med.Tech.( thank God I have the qualification).

          From another frustrated Histotech.