[Histonet] cytospin preps and plus slides

Rogerson Kemlo (ELHT) Pathology Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> elht.nhs.uk
Fri Aug 5 02:16:20 CDT 2005

Haven't a clue but I bet you loose more than half. If it's urine even
more; I know platelets and rbcs haven't got a prayer in staying on in a
fluid devoid of protein.

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Emily
Smith
Sent: 04 August 2005 18:31
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] cytospin preps and plus slides

Hello  HistoNetters!

What percentage cell recovery is expected/observed/acceptable for
cytospin
or for sedimentation techniques?

Thank you!
~Emily

Emily Smith
Ikonisys Inc.
5 Science Park
New Haven, CT 06511

Message: 17
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:29:14 +0100
From: "Rogerson Kemlo \(ELHT\) Pathology" <Kemlo.Rogerson <@t> elht.nhs.uk>
To: "Elizabeth Chlipala" <liz <@t> premierlab.com>,	"Histonet"
	<histonet <@t> pathology.swmed.edu>

Maybe you need to spin faster and/or add protein to the vial to act as
an adhesive; you may have better success with Cytyc LBC.

Try the adhesive, bovine albumin, that may 'glue' ore of the cells onto
the slide but I think you will always get cell loss with the filter
paper. I found sedimentation techniques to be more successful.