[Histonet] Re: IHC TAT

Patti Loykasek ploykasek <@t> phenopath.com
Thu Apr 21 10:32:20 CDT 2005

Hi Pat. One way we have maximized the use of stainers is to let them run
overnight. We start a run in the late afternoon and let it run overnight.
The slides are ready to be dehydrated & coverslipped when we come in the
next morning. This seems to make efficient use of staff & instruments. We do
have a cut off time. What we are going to start that night needs to be in
the lab to be cut by noon (or so). We are lucky that we have a part time
tech who cuts what we receive in the afternoon at night, and it¹s ready to
start in the morning. We can actually do 3 runs a day on our stainers by
staggering start times of staff, starting a run early in the morning, a run
mid-day if necessary, and the overnight run. If you can figure out your rate
limiting steps, perhaps you can work around them.

Patti Loykasek
PhenoPath Laboratories
Seattle, WA>

All,