[Histonet] tape and other transfer methods RE: How does it work for bone

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Fri Apr 15 17:07:29 CDT 2005

Yes, these are different types of transfer.

The Instrumedics tape transfer is the immediate way to pick up a section
onto tape to be transfered onto a polymer coated slide which is then
exposed to UV light.  This can be for a paraffin block or the very popular
Cryojane for undecalcifed bone frozen sections, fix and then do IHC or
whatever stain one needs.  These are sections normally too difficult to cut
and adhere to a plus charge slide to begin with, or in the case of bone
sections, totally fall apart.  You can check out the device/method on
Instrumedics website, they have diagrams and method description.

I can see the advantages of your method for the application you describe
too after reading p. 34, thanks for that info.