[Histonet] RCC Antibody Help

Richard Cartun Rcartun <@t> harthosp.org
Fri Apr 15 12:09:46 CDT 2005

We used to use Novocastra's RCC mAb, but were unhappy with its
performance.  Try Lab Vision's (www.labvision.com) mAb; I think you will
be satisfied.

Richard

Richard W. Cartun, Ph.D.
Director, Immunopathology & Histology
Assistant Director, Anatomic Pathology
Hartford Hospital
80 Seymour Street
Hartford, CT  06102
(860) 545-1596
(860) 545-0174 Fax

>>> "Sharon Chase" <chash <@t> reg2.health.nb.ca> 04/15/05 08:01AM >>>
 I am trying to establish a protocol for Vector's renal cell carcinoma
antibody. The data sheet states trypsin digestion for 30 minutes. I
obtain negative results with trypsin digestion using normal kidney and
clear cell carcinoma as controls.
I then did HIER retrieval using Biocare's reveal and borg solutions in
their decloaker. The normal kidney's proximal tubules stained but the
clear cell was patchy. Repeating the run on the following day, using
the
same reagents and working dilution, I obtained weak results with
normal
kidney and negative tumor cells.
A fresh daily working dilution(1/50), I can obtain constant normal
kidney staining but usually negative tumor cells.
I tried another tumor control block and leaving the antibody
overnight.
 Normal kidney is fine.
Open to any suggestions.

Sharon Chase