[Histonet] Asterand Histology Technician Position

Christine Milne cmilne <@t> asterand.com
Wed Apr 13 14:14:27 CDT 2005

Nancy Lemke, B.A., HT, HTL(ASCP), is now an employee of Asterand.  She
suggested I should post this message for an individual who might be
looking for a Histology Technician position that we have open at
Asterand.  This position is for a full-time Histology Technician that we
need immediately!

Asterand (www.asterand.com <BLOCKED::http://www.asterand.com> ) is a
privately held company founded in early 2000 to address the urgent need
of  genomics and proteomics researchers for high quality biological
information and materials. Working to the highest ethical and quality
standards, we provide the information and materials that are needed to
conduct research on common disease targets, such as cancer, heart
disease and brain disorders. Our customers include researchers working
at the world's foremost and oldest pharmaceutical, biotech, genomic and
proteonic companies.  We have partnerships with hospitals and medical
institutions around the world.  Our headquarters are located in the
TechOne Building at Wayne State University
<BLOCKED::http://www.wayne.edu/>  in Detroit, MI.

Asterand was voted the #4 "Top 10 Small Companies, Best Places to Work
in the Biotechnolgy Industry", globally, by The Scientist magazine for
2004.  We have also heard we are again in the Top Ten.

We have a full range of benefits including choice of health coverages,
prescription drug plan, vision care, dental, life insurance, AD&D,
long-term disability, 401K plan, a stock option plan and a generous paid
time off plan.

POSITION SUMMARY:

Prepares tissue specimens for routine and special procedures to confirm
tissue diagnosis.  Performs complex histological procedures, records and
analyzes data, maintains and repairs instruments.  Relies on experience
and judgment to pan and accomplish goals.  Works under general
supervision.

POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:

*         Slide preparation for Pathology review

*         Section slides from both paraffin embedded and OCT embedded
tissues

*         Cryosectioning, Microtome sectioning and tissue staining and
cover slipping

*         Data entry and tracking of all products derived from
sectioning

*         General laboratory and equipment maintenance

*         Potential TMA construction

*         Custom sectioning for sales orders

*         Other duties as assigned.

MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION REQUIRED:

*         Certification for Histotechnician HT

*         Requires Associate's degree or its equivalent

*         2 to 4 years of experience in the field or related area

PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:

*         Excellent written and verbal communication skills

*         Interpersonal skills

*         Organizational skills and attention to detail

*         Problem solving skills

*         Passion for excellence

PHYSCIAL DEMANDS:

Sitting or standing for long periods of time

If you know of someone looking to join a wonderful company, please have
them send their resume to me, cmilne <@t> asterand.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:cmilne <@t> asterand.com> .  I appreciate any help!  Thank
you,

Christine Milne
Asterand, Inc.

H.R. Manager
TechOne Suite 501
440 Burroughs Street
Detroit, MI 48202
Direct Dial:  313-263-0951
Fax:  313-263-0961
Main Number:  313-263-0960
cmilne <@t> asterand.com

This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information
belonging to Asterand, Inc. that may be confidential, proprietary,
copyrighted and/or legally protected or privileged, and is intended for
the sole use of the individual or entity named on this message.  If you
are not the intended recipient, and have received this e-mail message in
error, please immediately return this message to its original sender and
permanently delete it from your electronic and paper records.  Thank
You.