[Histonet] slides for Ventana

Donna M. Nolan DNolan <@t> evanhospital.com
Fri Apr 8 05:13:10 CDT 2005

We have been using the colorfrost slides for a year but have been having trouble with the sections lifting on the Ventana Benchmark.   I thought it might be the way we pick the section up from the water bath but we tried the SurgiPath slides the other day and those sections stayed on just fine.  The SurgiPath slides we purchased seem to hold the specimen better..  We will have to evaluate the staining.    We have tried both slides for H&E staining when the tissue is hard and the SurgiPath usually is the one the tissue stays on.