[Histonet] CAP negative controls

Snyder, Wendy SnyderW <@t> uhcwv.org
Tue Apr 5 12:14:13 CDT 2005

Hello,
  I have just received the sept. 04 CAP checklist for AP.  There is a
revised Immuno question pertaining to negative controls on it.  The
checklist number is ANP.22570.  CAP now requires you to have 2 negative
controls.  One negative REAGENT control and one negative TISSUE control.  I
am wanting to put together a negative TISSUE block, a sausage block.  I am
looking for a list of negative tissue's to use in this block to run on a
number of immuno stains.  I would love to hear some feed back on this.  Can
anyone help?

Wendy Snyder HT(ASCP)
United Hospital Center
Clarksburg, WV