[Histonet] Re: Frozen sections fixed or unfixed for IFA

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Mon Apr 4 11:12:33 CDT 2005

WE do it both ways with success but HOW you store and handle your sections
is important.  I think we get our best fluorescent staining on fresh FS air
dried overnight, then fixed the next day followed by immediate IFA
staining.   The sections MUST be dry before fixation, no matter which way
you handle them.

At 04:06 AM 4/4/2005, you wrote:
>Hi
>Asking this question for a colleague who does the flourescent staining
>on frozen sections.Does it make a difference to fluorescent staining if
>one fixes cryosections in acetone before freezing the slides at -80°C?
>Is it better to rather store the sections unfixed before freezing? Thank
>you
>Marilyn

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)