[Histonet] National Histology Walkout

Rebecca Barnhart RBARNHART <@t> summithealth.org
Fri Apr 1 08:53:53 CST 2005

I have only worked in on lab in my 10 yrs (I know it is pretty unheard
of).  And I have always been appreciated by the pathologist in what ever
role I have been in.  And for pay I really can't complain we are in the
middle to high according to the ASCP survey.  I think there should be
something done about the ASCP in regards to histology education.  I have
a horrible time trying to find any.  Sometimes I wonder why I keep
renewing my membership.

>>> Larry Woody <slappycraw <@t> yahoo.com> 3/31/2005 4:06:41 PM >>>
I too have been lucky enough to work at some places that treated me
with respect, ie; the Mayo Clinic, and my current job at Amgen, but the
field is under paid and a lot of places you don't get respect or treated
fairly. Someone delivering packages for UPS makes more than the average
Tech, is that right. Larry