[Histonet] Oxidising Agents in Haematoxylin[Scanned]

John Kiernan jkiernan <@t> uwo.ca
Thu Sep 30 20:37:19 CDT 2004

Yes you could use the potassium salt instead.
If you oxidize with iodate, the staining solution
is not Ehrlich's haematoxylin. Paul Ehrlich (1886)
allowed his solution to oxidize in the air. That's
why it keeps for years & years.

John Kiernan
London, Canada