[Histonet] Fixing tissue microarray problem

Thom Jensen tissuearray <@t> hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 10:52:32 CDT 2004

   If  the  tissue  is deep you might not be going entirely through it to
   the  paraffin  on  the  other  side.  Even so sometimes the core still
   stays  in.  The  habit I have when punching is turning the donor block
   around  and  then removing the needle.  This complete turn seems to be
   the best remedy for stuck cores.
   Thom Jensen
   for     more     info     on     Tissue     Microarray     Instruction
   visit:  www.arrayworkshop.com
   >From: "Jacqueline Miller" <Jacqueline.Miller <@t> UTSouthwestern.edu>
   >To: <hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu>,<histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
   >Subject: Re: [Histonet] tissue microarray problem
   >Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 10:06:26 -0500
   >
   >Thanks.  I've  tried moving the handle back and forth, but that seems
   >make it worse.  I'll have to look into tamping the stylus.  I worry
   >about compressing the tissue, but that's what practice is for.
   >
   >Thanks again,
   >Jackie
   >Hi,
   >Move the handle back and forth a couple of times and then gently Tamp
   >on top of the stylus. these two steps have always take care of any
   >resistant core removal.
   >Helen
   >
   >Helen L. Fedor B.S.
   >Johns Hopkins University
   >Pathology Department
   >600 N Wolfe St
   >Marburg Room 406
   >Baltimore MD 21287
   >email: hfedor <@t> jhmi.edu
   >Phone: 410 614-1660
   >Pager: 410 283-3419
   >
   >WARNING:  E-mail  sent  over  the Internet is not secure. Information
   sent
   >by e-mail may not remain confidential.
   >DISCLAIMER:  This  e-mail is intended only for the individual to whom
   it
   >is addressed. It may be used only in accordance with applicable laws.
   If