[Histonet] Histonet and NSH Conventions

Weems, Joyce JWEEMS <@t> sjha.org
Wed Sep 29 08:14:55 CDT 2004

This is a great idea - sounds fairly simple too. Have a signin book to see who visited. Hopefully I'll get to go next year. Of course I say that every year... and have for the past ten.

See you at the Out-post...

Happy Wednesday Everyone! j

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of Greg
Dobbin
Sent: Wednesday, September 29, 2004 5:25 AM
To: ajennings <@t> unmc.edu
Cc: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: RE: [Histonet] Histonet and NSH Conventions

Here is how simple it can be: have a table or little kiosk affair set up
and call it the Histonet "Out-post" (clever eh?), and that's it! Then
Histonetters can stop by the Out-post anytime they wish; to hang
out, finish their coffee or whatever and can expect that anyone else
they meet there is someone they are probably familiar with from the
Histonet!

Organizing an "event", even a small one can be a huge task
especially at a large convention like ours. I think the "KISS"
principle applies here (i.e. keep it simple stupid). And the Out-post
idea should not be too burdensome or taxing (with conflicting
meetings, etc.), because I think most everyone at least takes coffee
breaks!

What really sucks about all this, is you all will organize something
for next year and by the time I'm able to get to another convention
the whole idea will have fizzled again! :-(
I think I need a little cheese with that w(h)ine!
Have a nice day!
Greg