[Histonet] Processing lung tissue ....

Paula Pierce contact <@t> excaliburpathology.com
Mon Sep 27 12:32:29 CDT 2004

I use X-S Xylene substitute to process my eye tissue. It does not dissolve the artificial intraocular lenses placed in eyes after cataract surgery nor plastic buckles around post trauma blind painful eyes that are removed. However, after sectioning xylene used in the staining procedure will dissolve these out. So you may also need to change your staining setup. And, you may also need to change the mounting media used for coverslipping as X-S does not mix well with media such as Permount.

You can obtain X-S Xylene substitute from StatLab Medical Products in Texas.
Their website is www.statlab.com.

Paula

Paula Pierce, HTL(ASCP)HT

Excalibur Pathology, Inc.