[Histonet] Making Ralph Knives

Asquith Stephen stephen.asquith <@t> petermac.org
Wed Sep 22 01:13:23 CDT 2004

Hi Histonetters,
Question: Has anyone modified their LKB 7800 EM Knife maker to make Ralph knives? (I know that LKB actually made a dedicated Ralph maker however we don't really want to buy one) It appears to me that if you were to exchange the two contact points under the glass to a single strip contact i.e.. the crack would propagate from the score line on the top surface of the glass to an edge rather than two point contacts on the bottom edge of the glass. I have found that that without any modification I can make a reasonable knife, the with knife profile is OK but the cutting edge has two high points that correspond to the contacts.
Any feed back would be much appreciated.
Steve