[Histonet] vascular graft_sectioning difficulty

Jack England joeamateur <@t> hotmail.com
Thu Sep 16 14:28:15 CDT 2004

Hmm.  If the tissue is coming out well, then processing and embedding seem
fine; it sounds like the Dacron itself is brittle during cutting.  Are you
observing the Dacron graft to be more brittle after processing than before?

I agree with Melanie about chilling the paraffin blocks or resin embedding.
If you're not already doing so, maybe try cutting with a high profile blade,
and/or a shallower blade angle?

--Aloha,
Jack England