[Histonet] Immuno question about CK markers

Jeff Gordon JGordon <@t> cellmarque.com
Fri Sep 10 09:16:06 CDT 2004

Amy, one way that we have been able to assist people with those issues is to check on the pretreatment that is being used.  In the past, we have spoken to people using CK20 that said that they had received staining on breast tissue with their antibody.  They were pretreating it with enzyme digestion.  We suggested trying HIER with our Trilogy EDTA and it gave them the same specific staining in the GI tissue that they were receiving originally, but also eliminated the false positives that they were receiving in the breast tissue with the CK20.  Perhaps you should try an alternate epitope retrieval technique to see if that eliminates your sporadic false positive staining.  This may not apply to you, but it is just a suggestion to help you out in case the pretreatment is relevant to your tests.  If you have any further questions, let me know.

Jeff Gordon
Cell Marque Corp.
1-800-665-7284, Ext. 12
http://www.cellmarque.com