[Histonet] Paraffin on floors

Gayle Callis gcallis <@t> montana.edu
Tue Sep 7 09:32:43 CDT 2004

We have used the industrial type rugs , seen at entrances of buildings, and
place these at microtomes and embedding areas.  They are vacuumed to remove
paraffin trimmings.  We had to go to rugs as our floors became so slippery,
safety was an issue - particularly after a visiting researcher slipped,
went backwards and if he hadn't caught a doorknob on way down, would have
cracked his skull on a concrete floor

At 02:47 PM 9/3/2004, you wrote:

>I found a long metal scraper, straight wooden handle, (not expensive) at Home
>Depot ..... the blade is just about 6" wide.   We've used it for years.
>
>Karen_Raterman <@t> ssmhc.com
>St. Mary's Health Center

Gayle Callis
MT,HT,HTL(ASCP)