[Histonet] Updated tissue for registry

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> ihctech.net
Wed Sep 1 09:45:11 CDT 2004

Sylinda,
NSH maintains a tissue bank but they are paraffin blocks we do not have wet
tissue which is what I think you will need for the HT exam as you are
suppose to process your own.  Contact coroner's or University in your area
and ask for autopsy tissue.  If you do autopsy at your place ask your morgue
deaner or the pathologist for help with this.  You can also try to access
surgical specimens from where ever they go to be grossed.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of
BSylinda <@t> aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 6:05 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Updated tissue for registry

Hello,
    I am writing again, hoping that someone may have access to some of this
tissue:
     artery- complete cross section (0.5 cm outside diameter)

     liver- 1.0 x 1.0 cm square

     lung- 1.0 x 1.0 cm square

     uterus- 1.5 x 1.5 cm square
      -to include endometrium and myometrium
      -endometrium to cover one entire surface

     small intestine- 2.0 cm in length
      -not autolyzed
      -to include all layers
      -epithelium to cover one entire surface