[Histonet] drying out of sections

louise.marks <@t> syngenta.com louise.marks <@t> syngenta.com
Wed Sep 1 05:33:42 CDT 2004

Dear All,

I am having problems finding a suitable mountant to use on quite thick (40
micron) free floating stained sections mounted onto slides. The mountant I
currently use, DPX, appears to be OK for the first few months but then
sections appear to 'dry out'- air forms round the edge of the section then
moves over the surface. I am after some advice on a good mountant to use on
sections for long term storage and any other tips to prevent this drying
out..best storage conditions etc. I use the slides for stereology at 100x
magnification so I would need a mountant that would be compatible with
microsopy,

Any tips / info much appreciated,

Regards

Louise